January 6, 2021 was a watershed moment in American history. We certainly knew it that day and in the past month we have only seen the reality of where we are as a country play out. We have been two co-existing cultures for some time but now it’s codified into QNation and America.
Some highlights of the past thirty days are:
- Josh Hawley revealing his true colors, voting against every Biden cabinet appointee and defending the January 6 insurrection, saying its participants were a “woke mob.” Oh, and Mr. Hawley fundraised through all of this.
- Liz Cheney receiving more backlash for her action in calling Donald Trump out for what he did than Trump has received for doing what he did, inciting a riot and getting people killed.
- Ted Cruz merely ratifying and underscoring what a reptile he is. As Brutus said about Caesar, “Think him as a serpent’s egg which, hatched, would, as its kind, grow mischievous, and kill him in the shell.” Texans have had their chance to kill him in his shell, i.e., the ballot box, but they won’t and so he slithers on to inflict more damage on the body politic.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene doing her best female Trump impersonation. However, as pointed out by Erin Gloria Ryan at the Daily Beast, Greene is “Sarah Palin but not occasionally charismatic, Steve Bannon but not occasionally smart, Donald Trump but not occasionally funny.” Greene’s populist stance is a fraud, just as she is. She’s from a wealthy suburb in Atlanta and carpetbagged her way into running for Congress in a north Georgia district. She came to own the libs, but instead is “leading the GOP space laser suicide march” — and she fundraised six figures on Twitter Friday after her press conference complaining that she was “censored.” Never take your eyes off the fundraising, money is the name of this game. And Trump, Greene and the others get a real buzz from the attention. There is zero public service impetus here.
- And speaking of money, Trump fleeced the rubes for $30 Million after he lost the election and Forbes is reporting that Trump “moved an estimated $2.8 million of donor money into the Trump Organization” to pay the bills. “In addition, one of the campaign’s joint-fundraising committees, which collects money in partnership with the Republican Party, shifted about $4.3 million of donor money into Trump’s business from January 20, 2017, to December 31, 2020 — at least $331,000 of which came after the election.” You need to read the fine print when dealing with Trump and his donors did not, and so they’re not paying for legal fees to challenge election results, they’re paying for rent, airfare and lodging.
There’s a lot more, but these are the lowlights. But be of good cheer. You’ve just read what is going on at QNation and now take a moment to watch a lovely video about what’s happening in America.
BREAKING: Eleven Films | Tom Petty
— Eleven Films (@Eleven_Films) February 6, 2021
If ever there was a glass half full moment, it is now. Because the forces of darkness have not vanished, they’ve just receded into shadow. But the forces of light are in ascendance right now — again.
Keep your eye on the continuing metamorphosis of the GOP into the GQP, because that is going to tell all in years to come.