A Dark and Cold Sunshiny Day He picked out his own clothes that morning wore his favorite yellow shirt with the red stripes his little-boy jeans and despite his protests the red jacket He looked up briefly from his morning cereal and grinned as his dad leaving to go to...
In days this dark, we all need something to let us just sit back, celebrate the fondness of life and mankind, and feel a little better about ourselves. And I am happy to say that I have just the...
As you may have heard, 'Dr." Mehmet Oz is considering a run for Pat Toomey's seat in Pennsylvania because Toomey isn't running for reelection. Let me tell you of my own personal experience with Dr. Oz, at least with his...
Hello all of my pipples! My sincere apologies for my extended absence from the site, especially in such exciting times. Let's just say it's been an adventure, and I thought that my readers deserved an explanation. Y'all know that a...
This will be short for once, I promise. Most if not all of you know that I cut my teeth on the mothership, Daily Kos. But for the last couple of years, you, my dear PZ readers,  have been...
The pandemic inevitably affected every aspect of people's lives. Lockdowns shut down whole industries and businesses as employees and customers stayed home - and the effects were cumulative. Even now, as a massive vaccination program gradually eases social restrictions,...
With a stroke of her pen Speaker Pelosi made it official.   Donald Trump has been impeached for a second time, with the charges boiled down to election interference (specifically in Georgia and “lordy there are tapes!”) and inciting insurrection...
Whether it’s karma, hubris or “God’s will” biting the GOP in the butt their despicable WH event to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the SCOTUS seat left vacant by Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death is giving them a dose...
Joe Biden is a much better person than I am.  So is Kamala Harris.   But it was Biden who was on the spot last Tuesday so I’ll stick with him, and readers should take it for granted that what I have...
Really?   Trump’s thinking his “I didn’t want people to panic” equates to Churchill’s “Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties” isn’t just b.s. – but delusions of grandeur.   Again.   And dangerous too. Let’s start off with...

Newsletter

RECENT POSTS

Clicky
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has. — Margaret Mead

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has.

— Margaret Mead