Donald Trump stunned the world Monday when he claimed that he has been take hydroxychloroquine for “a week and a half now” with the knowledge of the White House physician. The Hill:
The president said he consulted with the White House doctor about taking the drug, but it was not explicitly recommended for him since he has not tested positive for the virus.
“I asked him what do you think,” Trump said. “He said, ‘Well if you’d like it.’ I said, ‘Yeah, I’d like it. I’d like to take it.’ ”
He said he’s been taking the drug for about a week-and-a-half along with a zinc supplement, adding he based his decision on positive reviews he’s heard from front-line health care workers who have had good results treating patients with it.
“Here’s my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it,” Trump said.
“So far, I seem to be OK,” he added.
He hasn’t provided documentary evidence of the dosage, and perhaps this was meant strictly as a pubicity stunt. Who knows? But Fox’s Neil Caputo makes no bones about how this is not a good idea.
Fox News's Neil Cavuto is stunned by Trump's announcement that he's taking hydroxychloroquine: "If you are in a risky population here, and you are taking this as a preventative treatment … it will kill you. I cannot stress enough. This will kill you." pic.twitter.com/e6D5alfAgc
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 18, 2020
I’m going to wait to hear how much he’s taking and how often. If this is true, it’s reckless and if it’s not true, it’s just one more instance of Trump manipulating the media and manipulating Americans, to their detriment. Another day, another low bottom in Trump world.